Become a Warriors at Ease Teacher
Join our Worldwide Network
Warriors at Ease is a global community of teachers who are committed to supporting the health and healing of veterans, service members, and their families through yoga and meditation. While largely based in the U.S., we have a growing cadre of teachers in Canada, Japan, Australia, the Middle East, and throughout Europe. Our teachers share yoga and meditation on and off military installations, in veteran healthcare facilities, in colleges and universities, and in collaboration with other organizations and service providers who support veteran and military communities
Are you interested in joining our community of teachers?
If so, we invite you to join us for Warriors at Ease teacher training where you will learn our specialized approach that is:
- Evidenced based
- Trauma sensitive
- Informed by the unique aspects of military culture
How will you benefit by becoming a Certified Warriors at Ease Teacher?
When you earn your Level 1 WAE certification you will:
- Be listed on our website as a Certified Level 1 WAE teacher
- Be able to use the Level 1 WAE certification designation as part of your teacher credentials
- Become a part of an active community of teachers around the world who are connected via a private Facebook group and teachers-only newsletter
- Promoting Warriors at Ease classes via our social media channels
- Accessing our free informational webinars and live discussion groups exclusively for Warriors at Ease teachers
- The opportunity to attend the next level of Warriors at Ease teacher training, a Level 2 in-person practicum for full certification
- Access to continuing education workshops facilitated by subject matter experts
When you earn your Level 2 WAE certification you will:
- Benefit from all of the above plus
- Be listed on our website as a Certified Level 2 WAE Teacher
- Be able to use our Level 2 WAE certification designation as part of your teacher credentials
- Receive FREE access to continuing education workshops provided by subject matter experts in the field of yoga and meditation
- Be prepared to teach in clinical and non-clinical settings
- Be eligible for job placement, research opportunities and to teach in WAE funded programs*
*See additional Level 2 Certification Requirements.
Warriors at Ease Teacher Certification Requirements
To become a Certified WAE Teacher and be eligible to be a part of our worldwide teacher network, you must meet the following minimum requirements.
Requirements for Level 1 Certification
- Successfully complete the Level 1 WAE Teacher Training
Important Note: Anyone may participate in Level 1 training, but only those who meet the minimum requirements will be certified and therefore eligible to join our WAE teacher network.
Requirements for Level 2 Certification
- Meet the Level 1 requirements plus
- Attend all hours of the Level 2 Training
- Complete the reading and written homework assignments for Level 2
- Pass the Training Exercise
- Provide documentation of the following:
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate of Completion
- Level 1 WAE Certificate of Completion
- Teaching Experience (Resume) Verification of at least 2 years of teaching experience OR at least 30 hours of teaching and a letter of recommendation from a teacher/mentor/student
- Proof of personal liability insurance coverage
- CPR certification
Homework Requirements for Level 2 Certification
Upon the conclusion of the training, you will be assigned homework which will be reviewed by WAE faculty. On average, this homework takes trainees about three hours or more to complete. The assignments include suggested reading as well as written work designed to help you successfully take this work out into the community.
In order for applicants to be considered for certification, homework needs to be turned in within 90 days of completing training. If homework is turned in after 90 days and before 6 months students will have to petition for reconsideration and be charged $200 (regardless of scholarship status). If homework is not turned in within 6 months the student will have to retake and pay for the training in full to be considered for certification (regardless of scholarship status).
Documentation and homework assignments are submitted through the “Certification Application” located on a password protected page called “Level 2 Trainees” located under the Resouces tab. Trainees will receive the password to gain access to the Level 2 Trainees webpage and the Certification Application in a post-training email. Or through the “Certification Application” located on the WAE Teachers mobile application in the “Level 2 Trainees” section.
Are you already a Warriors at Ease teacher?
We are offering all WAE teachers the opportunity to take our NEW on-line Level 1 Teacher Training available through Yoga International for only $150. This significantly reduced price is available to any WAE teacher who has previously taken a course with us.
To take advantage of this special offering: CLICK HERE.
The NEW Level 1 Teacher Training is a great opportunity to take a refresher and/or benefit from training you may not have taken previously as it contains content from four of our previous courses including:
- Part 1: Fundamental of Teaching Yoga in Military Communities
- Part 2A: Teaching Trauma-Sensitive Meditation
- Teaching Yoga to Survivors of Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
- Lecture portions of the in-person course known as Part 2B: Teaching Adaptive Yoga for Trauma-Related Health Conditions & more
Important Note: As of April 23, 2018 we moved to a two-tiered certification model. For guidance on how to continue your training and/or maintain your certification with us, please contact us.