Warriors at Ease Level 1 Training (Online)
ON-GOING | Register Anytime
The Warriors at Ease Level I Teacher Training is an online, self-paced course available through Yoga International. In this training, participants learn valuable mind-body skills to support the health and healing of service members, veterans, and their families, including those who’ve been impacted by war and sexual trauma experienced while serving in the military.
This training is for:
- Yoga and meditation teachers
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Other healthcare providers, and family caretakers
- Veterans, service members, and their families
- Anyone who wants to work with people impacted by trauma or high amounts of stress
In this training you will:
- Learn about the human stress response, the nervous system, and the neuroscience of trauma
- Explore related research findings and empirical evidence that will help inform the yoga and meditation practices you offer, as well as how you teach
- Become familiar with the “invisible wounds of war” including post traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and moral injury
- Learn how to create a “safe container” and a welcoming environment for healing and post-traumatic growth
- Explore trauma-sensitive breathing and meditation practices
- Learn adaptive yoga practices and precautions for people with spinal cord injuries or amputations, those in wheelchairs, and veterans with limited mobility
- Learn how to teach safely and effectively to those who experienced sexual assault while serving in the military
- Get useful information about healthy boundary-setting for yoga professionals
- Learn essential self-care principles
- Plus much more!
Level 1 Scholarships
This online training was created in partnership with Yoga International.
Thanks to Yoga International and other valued partners, scholarships are available for service members, veterans and military/veteran spouses. Click here to apply.
Continuing Education Units
This course, when taken in conjunction with the in-person WAE Level 2 training, is 50 hours of Approved Professional Development for the continuing education of Certified Yoga Therapists via the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IATY).