It’s so great to see positions like this being advertised in the military. Just more validation for yoga and meditation as a viable treatment modality to help our servicemembers; marines, soldiers, airmen with PTSD, TBI (traumatic brain injury) and combat-related stress and illnesses.
Job Title: HEALTH AND FITNESS THERAPIST (YOGA)
Department: Department Of The Navy
Agency: Naval Medical Command
Job Announcement Number: SW10601-07-491149PD997743-D
$42,199.00 – $54,862.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 to Tuesday, July 19, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0601-07
POSITION INFORMATION: Part Time 20 hours Term NTE 366 Days
DUTY LOCATIONS:Few vacancies – Camp Pendleton, CA
As a Health and Fitness Therapist (Yoga), you will be responsible for providing therapeutic holistic treatment in the area of Yoga and meditation to augment a patient’s individual therapy that is the result of injuries or stress sustained as a result of operational and deployment activities. Major duties and responsibilities:
· Provide accurate instruction in the area of Yoga such as various levels of stretching and relaxation.
· Provide proper instruction in Yoga mat work and dry-land work that is appropriate for the various muscle groups of the body.
· Prepare class format/content appropriate for the type of class and level of participants.
· Lead participants in physical stretching, relaxation exercises and breathing techniques appropriate for the level of the class.
· Independently monitor class participants to ensure proper use of equipment and proper training/exercise techniques.