Part 2B – Advanced Teaching Skills for Addressing Combat- Related Issues
(Pre-requisite to take course is Part 1)
Format: 3 day training (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Date: Sep 2016 (to be announced)
Location: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
Tuition: $ to be determined
To register: Kripalu link not yet live – to be announced.
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 25 contact hours
Teachers: Annie Okerlin, Lynn Stoller, Susan Lee Alden
This is our only stand-alone Part 2B course for 2016.
At this course, you will:
1. Deepen your understanding of the U.S. military and culture and learn how to address PTSD, TBI, amputations, spinal cord injuries and combat-related stress by using sensory-based strategies, yoga and meditation to improve psychological health and help alleviate the symptoms of these conditions.
• older veterans with chronic physical illness and PTSD
• veterans and service members with MST (military sexual trauma)
• veterans and service members suffering from major physical illness, TBI, spinal cord injuries and amputations
• veterans and service members in wheelchairs
Earning your Part 2B Certificate of Completion requires participation in all training sessions and successful passage of practice teaching sessions.