2018 Train, Teach & Transform (T3) Fellowship - Program Overview
Train, Teach & Transform (T3) is a fellowship program offered through Warriors at Ease.
Through a competitive selection process, program managers will select fellows who will receive full scholarships for Warriors at Ease Level 1 and Level 2 Teacher Training and become part of a community of certified yoga and meditation teachers in the T3 program.
Over the course of eleven months, T3 fellows will:
- Complete Warriors at Ease Level 1 Teacher Training, a 30-hour, self-paced online learning experience
- Participate in self-study (suggested reading, reflective writing, and written assignments)
- Attend Warriors at Ease Level 2 Teacher Training, a weekend event (Friday night as well as a Saturday and Sunday) in either North Carolina, Texas, or Hawaii
- Benefit from personal mentoring and leader development from our faculty
- Participate in online discussion groups with faculty and peer mentors
- Be empowered to become highly skilled yoga/meditation teachers as well as community leaders
- Network with peers, leaders, and service providers in the field
The 2018 application period opens May 15, 2018.
Please read the following information BEFORE applying for the T3 Fellowship.
In order to be eligible for this fellowship, participants must be:
- A veteran or spouse of a service member/veteran
- Located in North Carolina, Texas, or Hawaii at least until May 1, 2019
- Willing to pay your own travel costs (transportation/lodging/meals) for a Level 2 in-person teacher training in Fayetteville, North Carolina; Killeen, Texas; or Kailua, Hawaii (Oahu). Only tuition to Level 2 training is covered.
- A certifed yoga and/or meditation teacher*
*You must have a 200 hour yoga teacher certification or formal training as a meditation teacher. Those who are enrolled in a teacher training but have not yet earned a certification may be considered on a case-by-case basis after detailing your timeline for completion. Please email us at Admin@warriorsatease.org and inform us of your training timeline before submitting your application.
Timeline & Commitment for 2018 Train, Teach & Transform Fellowship Program
May 15, 2018 – June 12, 2018 ~ Competitive T3 fellowship application process is open.
June 15, 2018 – Fellows Announced for 2018 ~ All applicants will be notified whether they are selected or not. Fellows who are selected will receive a welcome packet and details on how to proceed.
Depending on where you are located/taking the Level 2 training, this timeline may vary within these general timeframes. Listed below are the estimated hours that fellows will commit to this program.
June – October 2018 (estimated 34 – 36 hours)
- Level 1 Teacher Training (30-hour online course)
- Discussion groups/mentoring (1 – 2 hours online and/or local)
- Observing and/or practice teaching (1 – 2 hours)
- Self-study – suggested reading and reflective writing (2 – 4 hours)
November 2018 – March 2019 (estimated 36 – 40)
- Level 2 Teacher Training (20-hour in-person training over a weekend)
- Discussion groups/mentoring (2 – 4 hours online and/or local)
- Practice teaching (6 hours)
- Self study – suggested reading, reflective writing, written assignments (8 – 10 hours)
April – May 2019 (6 hours plus a daily/weekly practice of your design)
- Teaching at least six one-hour classes in military/veteran community (6+ hours)
- Personal yoga/meditation practice and journaling (Consistent daily/weekly practice)
Fellows who successfully complete the T3 Fellowship will become fully Certified Warriors at Ease Teachers (w/ Level 1 and Level 2 Certifications).
T3 Fellows will be eligible for future Warriors at Ease funded programs and to serve as mentors for the next cohort. The T3 Fellowship counts as Continuing Education for Yoga Alliance and potentially other professional organizations.
For questions about the program, please email us at Admin@warriorsatease.org