This powerful, ground-breaking new course for personal healing and professional growth was developed thanks to a generous grant from the Disabled Veterans National Foundation.
Teaching Yoga to Survivors of Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
Yoga Alliance CEUs: 8 non-contact hours
This course is made up of four live webinars (120 minutes each) that are designed to be an interactive experience for all participants. The course also involves additional reading, audio and visual supplements, as well as reflective homework that enhance the learning and integration of this powerful work.
Warriors At Ease Level 1 course Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga & Meditation in Military Communities
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for certified yoga teachers who are interested in working with survivors of military sexual trauma (MST) or any yoga teacher who would like to learn and develop their awareness and sensitivity to sexual trauma.
You will have the opportunity to learn about:
- The relationship between MST and PTSD
- How men and women experience MST differently
- The Prevalence of MST in the military and the process for reporting
- How the nervous system responds to trauma
- Cognitive and body-based therapies that are effective in treating MST survivors
- How to create effective, trauma-sensitive yoga classes for MST survivors, including how to accommodate gender-specific needs
- How to respect student privacy and manage abreactions as an instructor
- How to develop and promote yoga and meditation classes designed for MST survivors
Requirements to earn a Certificate of Completion for this course:
- Attendance at four 2-hour webinars
- Completion of homework assignments before and between webinars