Our growing network of 950+ teachers impact over 16,000 individuals a year, sharing evidenced-based, trauma-sensitive, military-culture informed yoga and meditation in a variety of clinical and non-clinical settings including:
- VA Medical Centers, health clinics and Vet Centers
- Hospitals, health clinics, recreation centers and in programs on military installations
- In partnership with civilian health care providers who serve warriors and their families in local communities
- Retreats designed specifically for service members, veterans, family members, Gold Star Families, and caretakers
- Veteran-friendly colleges and universities as well as military service academies
- In collaboration with other non-profit organizations
- Yoga studios and community centers
See how yoga and meditation supports the well-being of members of the veteran and military community.
This video is an exert from our Level 1 Teacher Training.
Thanks to a dedicated team of Warriors at Ease faculty and teachers as well as generous volunteers and donors, we’ve achieved the following in 2018:
- Trained 250 new Warriors at Ease teachers via our new Level 1 course offered through Yoga International
- Supported the health and healing of over 16,000 service members, veterans and their families
- Provided scholarship for 93 veterans and veteran spouses to participate in Warriors at Ease teacher training
- Launched the Train, Teach and Transform Fellowship program and new outreach classes thanks to a grant from the Disabled Veterans National Foundation
- Expanded community outreach classes, with free weekly classes now offered to warriors and their families in 13 key regions nationwide
- Provided over 53 workshops related to Suicide Prevention, Sexual Assault Response, PTSD Awareness, Resiliency, and Military Families in collaboration with Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD)
- Facilitated eight retreats for veterans, service members, and their families, thanks to the Omega Institute and generous donors
- Participated in multiple research conferences including the Military Health System Research Symposium and the Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research
- Expanded our renowned Veterans At Ease program first established at Manhattan College
- Facilitated a continuing education module for 191 VA care providers on how yoga can support survivors of Military Sexual Trauma (MST), an event hosted by VA’s Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- Developed and executed a summer internship program for cadets in collaboration with the Behavioral Sciences and Leadership Department of the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY
Visit our blog to read testimonies from those impacted by the power of yoga & meditation.
CLICK HERE or on the pictures below for inspiring stories and powerful images.
Warriors at Ease offers yoga and meditation retreats for service members, veterans, and families throughout the year in various locations. Retreats are free or offered at a discounted rate thanks to our partners and generous donors.
Our growing network of Warriors at Ease teachers offer classes on military installations, in veteran facilities, at community centers and schools, in retreats settings, universities, and at local yoga studios in the U.S. and abroad.
With the support of visionary partners, Warriors at Ease is offering innovative mind-body programs at colleges and universities to support the successful transition of veterans transition into civilian/academic life.
Train, Teach & Transform is our core program made possible Bob Woodruff Foundation, Disabled Veterans National Foundation, Yoga International and other valued partners.