Yoga and meditation are mind-body practices that promote health and well-being.
Research shows that these practices can:
- improve one’s response to stress.
- reduce sensation of chronic pain.
- improve quality of sleep.
- create a sense of calm in body & mind.
- decrease symptoms associated with PTSD.
Warriors at Ease yoga and meditation teacher training is based on principles and practices that are 1) evidenced-based, 2) trauma sensitive, and 3) military culture informed.
Our Certified Teachers have the knowledge and skills to teach in a variety of settings.
CLICK HERE to learn more & register for our next in-person training or our self-paced on-line course!
Or sign up for our next live webinar:
Webinars occur every Wednesday from February 15 - March 8, 2017.
This course is made up of four live, interactive webinars (120 minutes each) from 7:00-9:00 EASTERN TIME ZONE.
Warriors At Ease Level 1 course Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga & Meditation in Military Communities
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for certified yoga teachers who are interested in working with survivors of military sexual trauma (MST) or any yoga teacher who would like to learn and develop their awareness and sensitivity to sexual trauma.
You will have the opportunity to learn about:
- The relationship between MST and PTSD
- How men and women experience MST differently
- The Prevalence of MST in the military and the process for reporting
- How the nervous system responds to trauma
- Cognitive and body-based therapies that are effective in treating MST survivors
- How to create effective, trauma-sensitive yoga classes for MST survivors, including how to accommodate gender-specific needs
- How to respect student privacy and manage abreactions as an instructor
- How to develop and promote yoga and meditation classes designed for MST survivors
Requirements to earn a Certificate of Completion for this course:
- Attendance at four 2-hour webinars
- Completion of homework assignments before and between webinars